Monday, November 19, 2012

Who Needs Wipes?

I had to take Nyla to an appointment today. I picked her up from daycare and she had just, literally JUST, had her diaper changed and we were heading straight to the doctor's office. When we got to the office, I started gathering my 8,000 things that I would need while we're there: snacks, toys, a book, a spare diaper, sweater (in case it was cold), a short sleeved shirt (in case it was hot). I was prepared.  My bag was chock full of distractions for Nyla and the last thing that I would have needed to grab were wipes. The only thing of wipes I had in the car was a massive bag of them...the bag that is filled with wipes that you use to refill your regular wipe-distributor. Great.

I stupidly thought to myself, "I won't need wipes. She won't poop...she just had her diaper changed." Guess what the first thing homegirl did when we got to the office was? Pooped.

Of course she would poop. Why have I not learned this yet? When in doubt, Elizabeth, take a hundred of whatever you are doubting. I should have lugged that whole damn thing of wipes in with me, all 475 wipes. But no, I decided against it and I was punished...again.

When will I ever learn?

**No, I didn't just let her marinate in her poo. I cleaned her up using regular ol' toilet paper...and it broke when I was wiping her, thus getting poop on my fingers. Day #602 of getting poop on my fingers. Seriously, I am not made to change diapers.**

No comments:

Post a Comment